10 December 2010

Zucchini & Feta Fritters


I loved the Spinach & Mozarella Fritters that I made the other day so I decided to make some more only using different ingredients.  I used Zucchini (Courgette) and Feta.  They were much more delicate than the Spinach ones but just as tasty.  I served them with tzatziki.

Recipe and pictures by Amanzi Fundu

Ingredients:

1 x Zucchini, grated
2 x Tablespoons Mixed Herbs
½ x Onion, finely diced
1 x Tablespoon Peri Peri
½ cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 x egg
½ Red Chili, deseeded and finely diced
1/2+ cup flour (whole wheat flour is also good)
100ml oil
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Method:
Mix the Zucchini, herbs, onions, feta, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Mix in the flour.
Heat the oil in a pan.
Using damp hands, form some of the mixture into a ball and slightly flatten.  Repeat.
Place in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side

No comments:

Post a Comment