13 December 2010

2 Bean, Chorizo and Spinach Soup



I love soup and am always on the lookout for new flavors and combinations to try.  I found this recipe on one of the blogs I follow and decided to make it because it contains Chorizo which I love.  I adapted the recipe quite a bit to suit me but followed the same principle. It was quite simple to make and it tasted quite nice once I’d added the chilli.

Adapted recipe and pictures by Amanzi Fundu
Original Recipe from For the Love of Cooking

Ingredients:

½ cup Chorizo, diced
1 x Tablespoon oil
1x Onion, diced
3 x Dried Chilli’s, crushed
1 x can tomatoes, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 x Liter Chicken Stock
1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 x can of butter beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups of fresh Spinach
Salt and pepper, to taste

Method

In a pot, heat the oil.
Add the onion and fry until translucent.
Add the garlic and chilli and stir.
Add the chorizo and cook for 2 mins.
Add the tomatoes and stock.
Add the beans and cook for about 5 mins.
Using a potato masher, gently mash some of the beans.
Add the spinach.
Cook for a further 5 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment