9 December 2010

Spanish Omelette



I have made lots of Frittata’s before but never a Spanish Omelette. I decided to make one using the ingredients that I like and, although it tasted really nice, it didn’t look that great. I now know that I should have reduced the heat after adding the eggs but hey ho – you live and learn.  Hopefully my next one will be better.

Recipe and pictures by Amanzi Fundu

Ingredients:

3 x Tablespoons Oil
½ x Onion
2 x Tablespoons Mixed Herbs
1 x Tablespoon Garlic, diced
½ Red Chilli, diced
4 x Rashers Bacon, sliced
1 x Potato, peeled and cubed
6 x Eggs
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:

In a pan, heat the oil and add the onion.
Fry until translucent and add the garlic, herbs and chilli.
Cook for about 1 min and then add the potato.
Reduce heat and cook for about 5 mins.
Add the bacon and cook for a further 2 mins.
Beat the eggs and add them to the pan.
Allow to cook through at a gentle heat.
Cut into wedges and serve.

Tips:
Cut the potato into even cubes to ensure that it cooks at the same time.
Reduce heat after you have added the eggs or your eggs will be slightly over done – like mine!
Can be eaten hot or cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment