5 January 2011

Corned Beef Hash



Knowing how much I love corned beef, the boys at work told me about Corned Beef Hash.  I’d never tried it or even heard of it so I did some research online.  There are so many different recipes but I decided to go for this one which I adapted to suit me.

Original recipe found online (I forget where)
Adaptation and picture by Amanzi-Fundu

Ingredients:

2 x Tablespoons oil
½  x onion, diced
1 x red Birds Eye Chilli, diced
1 x Tablespoon mixed herbs, dried
3 x cups mashed potato
½ can corned beef
1 x egg, poached
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Heat the oil in a pot.
Add the onion, garlic, chilli and herbs.
Cook for 2 – 3 mins.
Add the corned beef.
Mix in the mashed potato.
Plate up and place the poached egg on top of the hash.
Garnish with parsley.

Please note:
I wasn’t so sure about the egg but it really goes nicely with the hash.
I didn’t poach the whole egg because I don’t eat egg white (unless it’s a boiled egg).

No comments:

Post a Comment