18 January 2011

Chorizo and Chick Pea Salad


Wanting to eat more Beans & Pulses I created this recipe from the ingredients that I had in my pantry / fridge and I wasn’t disappointed with the end result.  Fairly easy to make and a combination of my favorite flavors made it an instant hit.  I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

Ingredients:

2 x Tablespoons oil
½ x Onion
2 x Teaspoons Garlic, crushed
2 x Teaspoons Thyme, dried
¼ Chorizo sausage, sliced
100ml Passata
1 x Teaspoon sugar
¼ Mozzarella Ball, chopped into chunks
4 x Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
1 x Can Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
1 x Chilli, diced (optional)
Handful of lettuce
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Heat the oil in a pan.
Add the onion, garlic and herbs and cook for 2 – 3 mins.
Add the Chorizo and cook for about another minute.
Add the Passata and bring to the boil. 
Reduce heat and add the teaspoon of sugar.
Add the can of chickpeas and allow to cook for about 5 mins on a gentle heat.
Add the mozzarella, tomatoes and chilli
Season to taste.
Serve warm (not hot) on a bed of lettuce.


No comments:

Post a Comment