12 January 2011

Philly & Chorizo stuffed Chicken Breasts


 I haven’t been menu planning (naughty!) so I wasn’t sure what to make for dinner last night.  I stopped at the shop on the way home and they had chicken breasts and Philadelphia on special so I decided to make this recipe.  I already had the Sage, Chorizo and Prosciutto at home.  I was extremely happy with the way the chicken turned out – very moist and tasty.

Recipe and pictures by Amanzi Fundu.

Ingredients:

50ml Oil
3 x Chicken Breasts
6 x Teaspoons Philadelphia Cheese
6 x Sage Leaves
6 x Slices Chorizo
3 x slices Prosciutto  


Method:

Slice the chicken breasts to form a pocket.


Add the cheese (2 x teaspoons for each breast.)
Add the chorizo in with the cheese (2 x for each breast.)


Top with Sage leaves and cover with the Prosciutto (Ensure that the prosciutto covers the opening)
Heat the oil in a large pan.
Quickly (and gently) fry the chicken breasts on each side for about 2 – 3 mins.


Transfer to a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 mins.



I served mine with Cous Cous and a side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment