17 November 2010

Chicken in a Basket


We used to have Chicken in a Basket at home (Zimbabwe) so I thought I'd make it for my friends here in the UK.  The idea is you serve a whole baby chicken and chips in a wicker basket.  My daughter has named it "Chihuahua Chicken"

Ingredients:

1 x Baby Chicken
2 x Tablespoons oil
1 x Teaspoon Garlic
2 x Teaspoons Mixed Herbs, dried
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Method:

Mix the oil, garlic, herbs and lemon juice and leave for 20 mins to allow the flavours to marry.
Wash the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
Rub the marinade into the chicken (don't be afraid to get your hands dirty).
Place the chicken onto a baking tray, cover with foil and roast in the centre of a pre-heated oven, gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C), for 20 minutes per lb (450 g).
Serve with chips, a side salad and sauces of your choice. 

Please note:
 I line my baskets with tin foil and then put a napkin in it to prevent the juices from going everywhere.

1 comment: